Thursday, September 5, 2013

I CRACK MYSELF UP!!!



I believe wholeheartedly in laughter!! It is one of God's most amazing gifts to us!  While there are things that are only funny to certain people, and humor that is not appealing to everyone----I am a firm believer in laughing at yourself!  It is a terrible thing to keep such wondrous humor to oneself! So here's my story...

My friend lives two doors down.  She is moving and its not a happy event...God has made it at least a humorous one!  We have one house that sits in between our homes.  Those neighbors moved out a few weeks ago.  I told my friend, that I would bring her some boxes home from school to help with her packing.  The next morning, I hop in my car and go to the post office and around the block to pull into my friend's driveway.  Its a beautiful crisp morning, so I bebop up to the house, open the door to the enclosed porch...and holy smokes!!! She got some SERIOUS packing done last night...EVERYTHING IS GONE! EVEN THE SWING!! So I head over to the front door....roll up my hand into a ball to knock...on.....the....door....but .....it's ....and I turn to gaze at ....my friend's house thru the window...OMGOSH! I AM IN THE WRONG HOUSE!!!!!!  Now I know that ALL THE NEIGHBORS AROUND SAW ME DO THIS....so I just nonchalantly walk to my car, open door, get in and drive around the block as if I had meant to go to that house!!  I then call my friend...explaining my misfortune...CRACKING UP AS I PULL UP TO HER DRIVEWAY---and gave us the best laugh we needed during this stressful time!!

Now, this same friend and I shared a belly splitting laugh over this one...but she is still reeling from what I did yesterday....(wincing as I am about to tell on myself again)....I took her to McDonald's drive thru to get something for her husband.  Mind you, I drove right up to the box and then kept going....never saw it!  She's telling me to order a diet, and a daily double....now folks....I ask her, "Diet what?" and she says, "just a diet" and I am perplexed...."diet what? How they gonna know what she wants? " and then I drove by the box a second time.

She says, "you drove by it again!" Ooops!

"Okay, we go around again, now what's a daily double", I ask, thinking it sounds like a lottery ticket.

"Its a sandwich!" and now she's laughing because I drove by the order spot twice.

"Alright then diet what?" The look on her face was priceless! "They ONLY  have diet coke here, they don't have diet anything else so I just say 'diet' and they know what I want!"....as I concentrated on what she was saying....drove by the box a  third time? She yells, "you did it again!!!"

"Where is it? I don't see the black box!"
"Right there! That white thing!" she replies.
"Oh that thing? I kept looking for a black box...."

So with this history behind us yesterday---the wrong house episode flipped us both out!!!  I shall miss her but I am happy to send her off with some joyful giggles!!!

1 comment: